Friday, January 27, 2012

Jonah's second birthday!

Today is my little man's birthday. A sign of relief because we didn't know where we'd be a year and a half ago when we found out his diagnosis.

This little guy is getting stronger everyday and I'm impressed by him everyday. He's doing new things all the time! As I sit here and write this he's sitting with a boppy in front of him and he started falling backwards and he caught himself! A sure sign of his strength :) he loves to stand when you hold his hands, he'll even walk when you hold his hands. There's just not enough strength and balance there yet to keep him up by himself.

This new vest he's been wearing helps him a lot and so do his AFO's, which are kinda like braces for his feet. I can tell that he's really smart he's just unsure of how to show you.

Two years ago when I had this little guy, I had no clue what kind of ride we were in for. Even though I'm still unsure sometimes of why God chose us to take care if him, I am so glad he did! And God gives me strength and provision everyday on how to raise two men of God. I am beyond thankful. There are no words in any vocabulary that can explain the greatness of our God!

Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

No comments:

Post a Comment